Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Feel No Need for Any Interfering


On the way to work this mourn, I listened to The Red Hot Chili Peppers track "Can't Stop" over and over and over again.

The lyrics aren't terribly profound. I find RHCP lyrics in general are particularly adolescent. But if you can overlook that and imagine they're singing in an alien language at times, their music's got some soul. (And some blood, sugar, sex, sometimes magic, etc.)

Anyway, sometimes I get stuck on a track because it evokes something visually for me, and I start imagining the different filmic uses for it. Sometimes, a story will even rise up for me...

And here you have it, ladies: Your Shuffled 5...
1. What's the Difference, "2001", Dr. Dre
2. Whir, "Pisces Iscariot", Smashing Pumpkins
3. Justice Aversion, "Dongs of Sevotion", Smog
4. High and Dry, "The Bends", Radiohead
5. Your Picture, "Underachievers Please Try Harder", Camera Obscura

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home