Wednesday, September 01, 2004

The Governor of California (and other fairy tales)



Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger spoke at the Rupublican National Convention yesterday. Perhaps the biggest feather in the GOP cap. A beloved, larger-than-life action movie star who's decided to splash around in their pool. I believe they'll even alter the constitution to make him eligible to run for president one day, though he was born in Austria.

From ABC News:
ABCNEWS obtained a copy of an unpublished book proposal with quotes from a verbatim transcript of an interview Schwarzenegger gave in 1975 while making the film Pumping Iron.

Asked who his heroes are, he answered, "I admired Hitler, for instance, because he came from being a little man with almost no formal education, up to power. I admire him for being such a good public speaker and for what he did with it."


The more disconcerting thing is that even after all this shit came out, he won the governor's throne of California.

("So put a quarter in your ass, coz you played yourself!")

All this evidence proves there is no hope for the future. The robots will rise and take over our land. In 20 years, we'll be fighting them back with sticks.

+++

I finished the very rough first draft of my crappy crappy script last night. When I say I "finished" it, I mean that I wrote out the end of my outline. I felt little catharsis in it because it is such a mess. I didn't even have the sense of accomplishment at having completed a new script for my portfolio since it's an adaptation of a play that I wrote last year. But I will print it out tonight and pore over it and see if I can shape it into something more... inspiring...

[CAN HE DO IT, KIDS? CAN MALICE PULL ANOTHER MIRACLE FROM OUT OF HIS ASS?? IF YOU BELIEVE, CLAP REAL LOUD!!]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home