Monday, August 30, 2004

Protest Week


So, protest week in NYC has commenced, aka the Republican National Convention, and it feels like alien invaders have taken over the city. I guess a lot of people fled the island at the news of our visitors and there is an unsettling quiet throughout.

Planting the RNC here is sort of revolting. I hate to imagine what 9/11 themed exploitation they've got cooked up for this week. I only hope the volume of protesting is adequately covered in the media.

Be sure to keep checking VIEW FROM BAXTER daily to see more images from Sunday's march. Nick-o is rationing the images out to the world (like a fucking miser) so that he'll have "updates" through the end of the year, I'm sure. He hinted to me that things got ugly toward the end, but we'll have to keep checking his page to see whether or not he's just betrayed my unfettered faith in his word.

+++

I'm pages away from finishing the first draft of my shitty new screenplay! Wahoo!

1 Comments:

Blogger Raed Moustafa said...

I have concluded (the last year (2022)) that "partying" is uniquely shared by both (bi)partisan groups. (I am (I'm) a fanatic (for "parties!")) (Fundraising and money, I think, is "the" President Washington (may he rest in peace)'s "milk," so-to-speak.)

5/13/2023 11:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home