Wednesday, March 24, 2004

1000 cigarettes

Saw an old friend, Stevie Chen (aka, "Grampa Oatmeal", "Grampa Oatz", "Uncle Marvelous"), on THE DAVE CHAPPELLE SHOW last night. Wasn't planning on watching it but I got caught up in this one sketch where Dave knocks up Oprah and then moves in with her to mooch off her money/lifestyle, and suddenly we see STEVIE's familiar mug pop up in a closeup. Chappelle even calls him "Steve".

Short work week. Just have to deal with the accountant tonight and then I plunge into a mini spring break with C. Nothing like a 4-day weekend. (I'm still pushing for 7-day weekends.)

My last day in my old position. Though not my last day in this office. I'll act sort of as a substitute teacher. When a liaison is out (sick, vacation), I'll be sent to fill in for them. Otherwise, it's the same old job, the same old seat. I won't make you sleepier by explaining what it is I do.

It is warming up outside, in starts and stops. How encouraging...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home