Thursday, June 05, 2014

U Talkin' U2 to Me?

This message is for fans *and* former-fans of the band U2.

I highly recommend an Earwolf podcast called "U Talkin' U2 to Me?" starring a pair of Scotts: Adam Scott and Scott Aukerman.

If you love U2, if you used to love U2, if you like comedy... you might like this. Mileage may vary.

The podcast starts at the beginning of their career and goes all the way up through Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark.

Caveat for U2 fans: it is a comedy podcast and is loaded with many tangents and sometimes very sparse U2 content.

Caveat for non-U2 fans: these guys are legit U2 fans and when they get into talking about U2, they really go into it.

I wasn't really a fan of U2 growing up. I got into them in college, initially as research for a short story. I had a few friends who were serious U2 fans and I wanted to understand what they saw in the band, so I started listening to the albums. A lot. The tail end of my freshman winter break, I was in a new dorm room without a roommate for a spell. I remember being alone in my room, in a mostly empty dorm, assembling jigsaw puzzles while I listened to the U2 discography. That sounds so sad. The jigsaw puzzles distracted me enough so that I could take in the music on another level. It's like I hypnotized myself into being a fan so that I could write this short story that, like, maybe 4 people in the world have read.

Anyway, it's a free podcast, what have you got to lose? Check it out. (You know who you fucking are.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home