Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Star Wars: Episode VII Official Cast Announcement

With one of the worst kept secrets ever, the official cast of STAR WARS: EPISODE VII has been announced, prominently including the leads of the Original Trilogy. The presence of Andy Serkis is a welcome surprise and I hope they've got something worthwhile for him to inhabit.

I assume you are NOT getting this news from me as it's been plastered all over the internet today. Still, I felt compelled to bookmark the occasion here.

I know I may have expressed similar excitement before Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull came out. Harrison Ford reprising a classic character. But I think that both George Lucas and Steven Spielberg lost touch with what made those movies great. SKULL comes across as an older filmmaker trying vainly to approximate what he did as a younger filmmaker.

JJ Abrams gets a lot of hate but I think he has the potential make a real breakthrough here. He grew up loving these movies and is in a better position, I think, to really understand what they need to be.

A lot of skepticism about this one but I've got cautious hope. Episode VII: A Cautious Hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home