Saturday, April 26, 2014

Now I Have Reddit Gold -- HO! HO! HO!*

It costs real world money to give someone reddit gold. Someone has to really like a comment to bestow reddit gold upon the commenter.

Some of you are wondering, "What's reddit?"

More of you may be wondering, "What can you do with reddit gold?"

From the Wiki:
Reddit /ˈrɛdɪt/, stylized as reddit, is an entertainment, social networking service and news website where registered community members can submit content, such as text posts or direct links. Only registered users can then vote submissions "up" or "down" to organize the posts and determine their position on the site's pages. Content entries are organized by areas of interest called "subreddits".
When someone gives you "reddit gold" for a comment, you become a gold member for one month. The money goes directly to reddit but you are given a somewhat enhanced interface... which isn't honestly that noticeable.

But it's still pretty neat. Like being given a gold star on a paper in elementary school.

I've been a member on reddit for just over 2 years and received my first gold today.

I received *FOUR* of them. *

FOUR PEOPLE shelled out $4 each to give me virtual internet gold. *

For this comment/GIF:


Confusion... Shock... Terror... Guilt... Acceptance...

Link for context. It sounds much nicer in Italian.

As of right now, I've got
4 months, 3 days *
of reddit gold remaining.

(This should take me through the larger swath of the next gig I've got.)

Gifts on my behalf have helped pay for 18.43 hours of reddit server time. *

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home