Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Now I Only Want You Gone

I've noticed that different social circles harbor different standards of wit and charm. Some circles are filled with whipsmart people and you've really got to be on your game to mix it up and make your mark. Other circles can be slightly... off. Not completely awful but not exactly hitting targets. And it can become apparent that the bar is low because nobody seems to know the difference.

That sounds arrogant and judgmental but you know what I'm talking about. Some circles are simply funnier. Some circles are cooler. In some circles, you're the court jester and in others you're the King.

I didn't have a regular childhood or adolescence. Didn't really start socializing until I landed in college. So it has been an extended process of learning how to be mice elf. Some nights I see the entire game clearly. Other nights I don't even feel like playing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home