Friday, February 04, 2011

The Sky Falls

New York Times Building. I walk by it to get to my gym each day.

Wednesday, it was a crime scene.

A large section of sidewalk blocked off because of the ice falling from the building. I don't know anything about architecture, but is there no way to account for this in the design of a building? It's New York City: it's going to snow. Falling ice is something that happens when you're dealing with tall buildings. It just seems that blocking off a large section of the sidewalk with crime scene tape every time there's a slight warm-up after a snowstorm... is inconvenient.

(Of course, the crime scene tape just blocked off the area around the NYT building—you could freely take your chances walking down the rest of the sidewalk where ice was hurtling down.)

===

Thursday night, Howard Stern and Naughty By Nature were on Letterman. I checked a calendar to make sure I hadn't accidentally traveled back in time.

It was a great show. The real kick-in-the-pants was that Howard Stern actually talked about how he's been practicing Transcendental Meditation since he was 18! I cannot escape this meditation thing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home