Wednesday, July 28, 2010

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Hayride

My managers called me Tuesday afternoon. One of the SAW producers agreed to reach into his own pocket and buy me a plane ticket to L.A. so I can pitch this CADAVERS project to Lionsgate. This is happening sometime in the next few weeks.

I really didn't expect I'd be going to L.A. this summer. It's been years since I was there last, under different circumstances. The last time, it was fun and games and basking in the warm glow of an exciting dream career. This time, it's essentially a job interview. Me trying to prove something.

Pitching is a bitch. And I've never pitched in the flesh, so this should be... a unique thrill.

We'll see. Sounds like this is happening but I'll believe it when I'm in the sky.

In other news, I've now gotten my HAYRIDE script down to 132 pages. Whole sequences need to be excised at this point. And I need a more satisfying ending. But I think there's a lot of strong material in here. It's getting there. I just need to get it there faster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home