Tuesday, July 27, 2010

How to Build a Haunted Hayride

It's taken me... an unconscionable amount of time to complete a draft of this. Granted, weeks and months were probably squandered barely glancing at it: just tinkering with it in my head.

But I spent the better part of Monday finishing up the first exceptionally rough draft of this behemoth.

143 pages of it.

That's... a LOT too long.

And the ending's not where it needs to be.

If I can manage to cut 23 pages, it will merely be too long.

If I can cut 33 pages, it will be kind of long... but not so long that I'll be embarrassed by it.

Beyond the page count, I guess I just have to make sure it's an extremely engaging story. Blood simple.

Tightening up the first couple pages this past hour, I've been able to cut it down to 142 pages...

Worst case scenario: I decrease the font size.


(P.S. That's hardly the worst case scenario.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home