Tuesday, January 12, 2010

When You're Not Feeling Blue Enough

I confess, this trend has me dumbfounded.

I love it when people get invested in a movie, don't get me wrong. I've seen AVATAR twice and can appreciate some real craft aspects of it, but it is not a movie that necessarily strikes my heart. There are others, though, who've internalized it on a whole different level...
Ever since i went to see Avatar i have been depressed. Watching the wonderful world of Pandora and all the Na'vi made me want to be one of them. I cant stop thinking about all the things that happened in the film and all of the tears and shivers i got from it. I even contemplate suicide thinking that if i do it i will be re birthed in a world similar to Pandora and the everything is the same as in Avatar.. I cant find joy in this world since Ive seen it, and the only thing that makes me happy is thinking about it or when im seeing it next, which is Saturday at the imax..
There's more.

And more.

In fact, according to box office receipts, this may be a downright epidemic. As sad and bizarre as it is, in some ways I wish I'd seen the movie that these Avatards have seen. The sensation of getting sooo immersed in a movie is something that I can only recall from childhood. And yet, it's kind of the reason I'm pursuing the career path I'm pursuing.

If I could ever create something that would inspire sad people to cover themselves in body paint before committing suicide... well, that would probably speak for itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home