Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Russian Super Punch-out!!

I have talked a lot of trash about the Russian Super who maintains the building that has contained the Fortress of Solitude 2.0 the past slew of years.

In case I didn't document it here, the Russian Super is an amateur photographer who placed two enlarged prints of his up on the walls of the building earlier in the year. One day, when he was fixing my toilet, I complimented him on his photography... and I think that got through to him.

As much as I've tried to avoid dealing with him, when my kitchen sink overflowed last night he came up and fixed it even though it was past midnight. Not only that, he called me by name.

"Okay, I see you later, Malice."

That's a first. I always imagined he just saw me as "the guy in 3B".

Also, my place looks like an episode of HOARDERS right now because there are boxes all over and I'm in the midst of packing -- but he didn't make any mention of any of it.

It figures that right at the end is when I start to get to a good place with the Super.

Maybe it's best to quit while I'm ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home