Friday, June 26, 2009

It was an abortion, Michael...!

Conference call set for Friday afternoon. For an adaptation I initially discussed with another producer, before the studio that that producer's affiliated with passed on the project. (Got all that?) Now it's set up at another company, so I've got to dust off my notes.

Of course, I've BINGed the producer I'm going to talk to. (I wonder if she's BINGed me...) I admit, I still stand by my rule about not BINGing myself because I really just don't want to know what BING has to show me. Though I freely BING other people like it's going out of style. Bing, bing, bing, bing, bing, bing, bing!!!

Seriously though... there are a few fundamental story issues that need to be cracked with this project. Plot is a big fat bitch. And it's such a huge, annoying part of early development. There's nothing like a few really juicy plot twists to really get a producer hard.

Christ... sometimes I'm up at the dead of night... 3am... 4am... 5am... and I miss being a part of the regular world, with a regular social life. I know it's all the life lived for the art. The sacrificial, monastic bullshit. Setting up for the big payoff. (Death... the sweet, blissful respite of death...)

It's been over a year since I've been at a 9-5 desk job and I don't miss it. I remember clocking in at work every morning, then heading to the pantry and getting myself two Styrofoam cups of water so I could save myself a trip. How sad and desperate is that?

But the new life is a different breed of desperation.

You ever get the feel that life's passing you by...? No...? Just me, then, huh...?

Well, just wait for it. It's going to be awesome. Any day now.

Michael Jackson media circus!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home