Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Nobody Completes Me

Ugh... what day is it...? Tuesday? Did I forget to blog yesterday? Did anyone think to contact the authorities? Is there anyone out there? Just nod if you can hear me...

I hate plot. I hate the mathematics of plots. The "if... then" logic that's got to add up for everyone before any real writing gets the go-ahead. The variables of character ages and settings and demographic appeal that must be inserted into the equation.

Grumble. Groan. Whine.

Wahhhhhh... the spoiled writer hates being a writer... WAHHHHH!!!

The doubleplusgood news is that the representatives seem to be working overtime on my behalf and there are a few different projects I'm trying to crack. Two look really good. A third one, I know I can get if I can just spend some fucking time on it.

I should be getting a phone call from a producer who'll be calling me from the Warner Bros lot. When should I expect this phone call?

"Anytime."

Which probably means it'll happen when I'm at the gym or at the headshrinkers. Possibly while I'm on the subway. Maybe best to avoid subways for a few days.

Goddammit. It would be so nice to have a life one day. Not be chained to my phone.

This is not the way to live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home