Monday, March 02, 2009

24 Problems

INT. INTERNATIONAL HOUSE OF PANCAKES - DAY

Jack Bauer sits across from Chloe O'Brian at a booth, looking tense as he glances at his watch. He reaches for his gun...

JACK
This is taking too long! I don't like this...

CHLOE
I trust this place, Jack. It's the one pancake house I trust.

A WAITRESS brings them two plates stacked with pancakes.

WAITRESS
Sorry for the wait, y'all...

Jack immediately draws his gun and points it at the waitress's head --


JACK
I ordered the BLUEBERRY pancakes -- WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO PULL!?

WAITRESS
Please... I have a daughter...

JACK
Lady, I will find your daughter and take her to an international house of pain if you don't start cooperating...

CHLOE
Jack, it's okay, I think our plates just got switched...

JACK
(not lowering his gun)
Can you make the exchange, Chloe??

CHLOE
Sure, Jack, just give me a minute...

JACK
Do it!!! Now!!! NOW!!!

Chloe exchanges their plates.

Jack glances down at his blueberry pancakes, then GRABS THE WAITRESS BY HER ARM, pressing his gun against her shoulder --


JACK
Where's the whipped cream?!!

WAITRESS
W-whipped cream...?

JACK
The whipped cream was part of the deal!!!

WAITRESS
(crying)
I-I can take it back, get it fixed for you--

JACK
NO!! There's no time!!! DAMMIT!!!

Jack releases the waitress. She runs out of the restaurant in tears. [Through a SPLIT SCREEN, we see her leg get caught in a STEEL COUGAR TRAP as she tries to flee. A COUGAR approaches her with menace.]

Chloe has a concerned frown on her face as she pours syrup on her pancakes.

Jack points his gun at Chloe --

CHLOE
Jack, what are you doing?

JACK
Pass me the syrup, Chloe!

CHLOE
I was going to pass you the syrup when I was done with it, Jack!

JACK
Do not argue with me! NOT TODAY! You don't know what I'm prepared to do!

CHLOE
It's coming right up, Jack, just give me thirty more seconds...

JACK
DAMMIT, CHLOE! DAMMIT!!!

A BUSBOY stops by their table with a fresh pot of coffee.

BUSBOY
Refills?

Jack grabs the busboy by the head and SHOVES HIM AGAINST A WALL. He proceeds to attach a car battery to the busboy's earlobes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home