Saturday, February 14, 2009

Devastation Day

Could there be a worse holiday than today's?

Of course not. It is a hateful, unnecessary day.

I remember making out in public and knowing we were being gross and that people were hating the sight of us... and just not caring!

It is a hateful day to be lonely. A hateful day for the brokenhearted.

That is the worst. To not just be lonely but to miss someone specifically. Someone who's lost forever. Someone who might be having a great time right now. Without you. With someone else, maybe.

It is a useless thing to still be thinking about. I know.

The pickup artist community would call this One-itis. Getting fixated on ONE person being... The One.

I don't think that. I just know it was rare. The things that worked were rare. Not easily replaced. And it just makes me sadder.

Some better things ahead for me that I'm hoping will boost me out of this dark place. If not fully, then enough to see some light again.

Triage.

Today, everything hurts like a fresh wound.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home