Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Beautiful People Fucking

I've been catching up on the new season of "Friday Night Lights"... and I've been wondering why.

There's little that's more excruciating to me right now than tracking the adolescent love lives of beautiful young people.

You can't get much more impossibly, offensively, putrescently pretty than Lila Garrity and Tim Riggins. I hate hate hate hate hate hate watching these characters. It's a well-made show and there is not one character that I can relate to on this show.

And then I remember that I need to be able to write for the beautiful people. Because the beautiful people own the world. Or, at least, they own popular culture. And I need to be able to fucking serve them.

I'm bitter. Hurting. Riven by old demons. Haunted by the past, paralyzed by the present, afraid of the future. These are black, ugly days. Fundamentally ugly. I hate so many things about right now, you just can't understand.

(Oh, and it was my pop's birthday yesterday and I forgot because my fucking phone didn't remind me.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home