Friday, January 11, 2008

Cable Swap

Just for my own blog records (because I keep track of my life via this thing), I ran my cable box down to 23rd street and swapped it for another one this morn. Scientific Atlanta 8300 HDc (Hi-Def DVR, from Time Warner Cable in NYC).

A quick setup and everything looks in order... except the new National Geographic HD channel won't let me watch. The box sees it as a pay channel, which it isn't. Tried calling the brilliant Time Warner Cable customer service, and the woman I spoke to was fucking clueless. How is it that NO ONE there knows anything?

Fuck it. Today's about finishing a script. 2 major setpieces, big expository scene, and epilogue.

Reread an old script I wrote last night called "Crash Diet". I really liked it. I really liked the writing. It was encouraging to know that I have written some decent stuff in the past. I thought it was a surprisingly mature piece of work for something I wrote back in college. More mature than the genre stuff I've been toiling at recently. It was a bit jarring to go from reading that to writing this quickie horror script I'm trying to bang out now.

Very few people liked the script back in the day and I shoved it in the drawer, but it's good. It's a good reminder to me of what I'm capable of.

Okay, back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home