Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Bow in the Presence of Grapeness

One of the hallmarks of a regular commute is being exposed to the same advertising day in and day out, months on end. Every mourning, for a while now, I'm greeted by a poster for a new pirate-themed Veggie Tales movie.

I will never see this new Veggie Tales movie because I am a grown-up and do not go to see (Christian-themed) kids' movies.

I did, however, see Alvin and the Chipmunks because I consider it more of an adult parable, and I'm a major Tim Hill fan. But that's neither here nor there...

For those unwilling to click links, actor-comedian David Cross and actor-comedian Patton Oswalt got into a bit of an online brouhaha when Oswalt made an innocent snipe at Cross for appearing in the aforementioned musical-chipmunk film. Cross wrote an overly defensive essay detailing all the mitigating factors that went into his decision to do the movie. (The short version: "Money") Oswalt's rebuttal here.

In other news of interest, I think I had a bad dream last night. I don't remember what it involved but I woke up with a distinctly unsettled feeling. Like I'd suffered some ill-defined trauma or indignity.

It may just be the hunger for vengeance that's boiled in me since childhood...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home