Tuesday, February 08, 2005

arms wide open with the sea as his floor

He could have tuned in,
tuned in,
but he tuned out.

A bad time
nothing could save him...

Alone in a corridor,
waiting,
locked out.
He got up outta there
ran for hundreds of miles...

He made it to the ocean,
had a smoke in a tree...
The wind rose up
set him down on his knee...

A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw.
Deliver him wings, "Hey look at me now!"


Took a cab from the bar tonight. Felt like treating myself good. Ali Shuyeb was my driver. Halfway home, he asked me if I smoked, asked if I had a light. I gave him one. He offered me a cigarette. I told him I had my own. And so we smoked in the cab. He even stopped the meter a little short of my destination.

I have never had an experience like this in the 12 years I've been in this city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home