Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Alone in the Universe



Another day, a few dollars more...

C. is having a "girls poker night" this evening, so I will be left to my own devices. I'll hack away at my bloody script -- which I know is probably becoming too long but I just need to finish a draft so I can go back and hack it to pieces. HACK HACK HACK!

[insert NIN music: "what have i become...?"]

Last night, bought a big kitchen table from a german couple who're moving out of our building this week. Heavy as christ. Thank our lucky stars we've got a frieght elevator, but it was a bitch to get it down the hall. We'll have been there a year next month and we're *still* setting up. The in-laws should be arriving next week (if all goes as planned), so we've got to get ready for the old apartment inspection. Don't know what to be more anxious about: the apartment or the neighborhood surrounding it.

We attended a wedding in Jersey on Saturday that went off well. No one we had "issues" with was in attendance, which made a big difference. Took some digital pix that I'd like to arrange into a little FLASH show, if I can just get FLASH to do what I bloody want.

I forgot my iPod today so I'm writing a longer entry for people not to read.

It just turned 2:00pm as I write this. Four big hours to go before I can claim victory over the day. Four big hours to kill and suffer through. What a fulfilling life I lead. Do you not envy me?

We sent a package to High St. last week, and he confirmed receipt of it but it has been nearly a week and he has not commented on it. Perhaps we/I have offended him. Well, it isn't the first time and it most certainly won't be the last... ACTORS...

This blog has become bogged down with my nearly incessant whining. A blog can be fairly masturbatory in nature, but I've written little to make mine less so... But why change course now?

My dream, though I know I've written about it before: to exit my current method of employment and write full time. I'm 28.5 years old and I've been clocking the 9-5 (or variations thereof) for 7.5 years. Nearly a decade of "real world" dues paid. I've been chasing this krazy dream of mine for a long time and it has taken a toll. I don't want to be doing the same old thing by the time I have to request time off for Christmas.

It all comes down to dollars and cents, however. Gotta get paid.

Hopefully, I've got a few proverbial cards up my sleeve to bring me closer to my dream in the next few months...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home