Tuesday, June 29, 2004

The Dark Backward



FAHRENHEIT 9/11 took in $21.8 MILLION its first weekend! First documentary ever to debut at the top spot. It's already made more than BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE made during its entire theatrical run.

I don't tend to write movie reviews here. I was disappointed in the film, as was everyone I saw it with. I didn't think it was awful but there were a lot stronger arguments it could have made, and there were problems with the arguments it *did* make. THAT BEING SAID... I think it'll make an impact. I don't care that it doesn't offer anything that hasn't been public record for a while. People don't read. They watch movies. And this plays like a big campaign commercial to vote out GWB.

Between this film and Howard Stern, hopefully the swing vote will be sufficiently moved to vote Bush out in November. So, even though I didn't think it was a very strong documentary (and not nearly as strong as it could have been, with all the material that's out there), I support it fully. It's historic, it's a landmark, and it is what it is. Go see it with a friend and bicker afterwards.

It's a scary time in the world. The Clinton years seem like Camelot now. (With all the singing and stuff.)

Crazy weekend. I feel like every friend we know had a show up. My head turned to glue after a while. I will not comment on what we saw. I have already said too much.

Consolation in this being a shortened work week, with Independence Day upon us. (The day we kicked those aliens asses with a crummy computer virus -- who knew they used the same Apple OS? Stupid alien invaders...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home