Monday, March 01, 2004

suicide is painless

The Passion of the Christ has made a mind-boggling $125.2 million in its first five days.  Which just proves my idea that there are a fuckload of Jesus freaks in this country.  Somehow this frightens me.  I haven't seen it yet, but Mel's been acting loonier than ever in many of these interviews.  And I don't think he's been necessarily helping his public image.
 
I know money talks, but I wonder how this will affect his career from here on.
 
Sometimes it seems like, more and more, the end of the world is nigh.  The President and one of the biggest Hollywood stars start going God-happy, and all The People flock to the movie theaters to have this religious experience.
 
A friend told me he was watching all these people leave a big multiplex this weekend and he was trying to figure out if they were "Passion" people or "50 First Dates" people.  Many of them were still wiping tears from their puffy eyes.  Adam Sandler has that effect on people.
 
Hidalgo: The Movie opens this weekend.  I'm hoping that it claims the top spot at the box office and the headlines on Monday read,
 
"HIDALGO BIGGER THAN JESUS"
 
or
 
"HIDALGO CRUCIFIES CHRIST"
 
The end of the world really is near, isn't it...?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home