Monday, October 27, 2003

The Butcherhouse Strikes Back

I took the day off from work. (Fuck 'em.) I've gotten 3 hours of sleep but I finally finished writing my first bloody full-length play, "The Butcherhouse Chronicles". Did I start writing this fucker in April? Six fucking months for a 90 page script? I am such a fucking slow writer... and this was supposed to be my "easy" play...

Anyway, for good or ill, I finished the damn draft. My stupid rumination on Columbine and The War, in a sort of horror film context. Next is trying to set up a reading of it, somehow, somewhere. See if I can manage to lure a crowd to actually sit through this thing when it's only me.

Will you support me, Silent Readers?

I've gotten married. I've got a new apartment. I've finished this play. Now I gotta get a new job. Something low-stress, low-responsibility, with few hours and very high pay. Anyone? Bueller? Anyone? "Something D-O-O economics..."

Jesus, am I tired...

Happy birthday to all the Halloween birthday-peeps: Dr. Craigers (aka, "Doc White Plains", aka "Doc Giggles"), Chris W., the newly engaged Katherine, and my mother-in-law Mrs. C. (As if SHE were reading this blog...)

Crawling back beneath my rock... *now*.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home