Wednesday, March 23, 2016

March 23 is my Reddit Cakeday


On "reddit", your "cakeday" is the anniversary of the date you signed up with your account.

Today marks the 4th year of my primary reddit account.

On your cakeday, a little cake icon appears beside your handle and people are sometimes more inclined to upvote you.

Of course, there's currently a technical glitch that's gumming up the entire reddit site so there's not much I can do with it.

BUT... I did use the opportunity to create this angry cake gif in AFTER EFFECTS.

I'm just scratching the surface but it's amazing how much you can do in AE once you start to understand it.

This gif contains a few elements I got to play with. The candle fire is taken from a youtube video. Applied a mask, looped the animation, copied it for each candle.

Then the cake arms I animated using a puppet warp.

I could have done a version of this that would have taken me a whole long longer in Photoshop.

It's very cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home