Friday, January 08, 2016

This is 40


I've been dreading this for well over a year. The day both Jenny Lewis and I turn 40.

Look, I don't know what it is but I don't like it. I didn't have this much resistance to turning 30. "40" just screams "middle age" to me. It always has.

It's not old but I associate it with certain life milestones that I am so far away from. My friends who have mortgages and kids, they make sense for 40. They're ahead of the game. I need at least five more years of my thirtysomethings. (And no, I don't have the heart to lie about my age.)

I had a reading of new work last night. It was just a cold reading but I haven't had my work read aloud in YEARS, which is baffling. It may not have been a perfect read but seeing it "work", when it worked, was pretty amazing. God, I just need to get my work seen by more people.

Here's a comic my sis made for me:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home