Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I Don't Care About Your New Babies


A childhood friend recently posted hospital pics of his newborn on FACEBOOK. I remember us hanging out as kids. Talking for hours on the phone. Going over to his house to play videogames or watch "Tales from the Crypt". Shooting movies on VHS with ketchup for blood.

Haven't actually seen him in a few years and now I'm looking at pics of his first child... and I find that I don't give a shit.

Should it mean something to me? Should it be some profound milestone? Is it callous of me that I see that someone's had a baby and my reaction is, BIG FUCKING DEAL...?

This has no impact on me. I don't care. It doesn't make me yearn to have a child of my own, nor does it make me feel compelled to visit this child. Or even do so little as click "LIKE" on the picture.

I find myself growing colder and colder. It's not even a case of being bitter. It's just. Numbness. Detachment.

There's one thing I want right now. Everything else seems so far away...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home