Thursday, July 12, 2012

DirecTV's NFL SUNDAY TICKET

Everybody loves when I write DirecTV entries, right?

So, I signed up for DirecTV last summer and got their NFL SUNDAY TICKET for free as a promotion. What's NFL SUNDAY TICKET?
That's every out-of-market game every Sunday, all in HD. You also get the Game Mix channel, Player Tracker, and real-time scores and stats.
Normally it costs $200 in addition to what you're paying for satellite services, so getting it for free was quite a deal.

Of course, I don't watch football and I never used it but still -- it's the thought that counts.

Time passes.

That initial free promo of NFL SUNDAY TICKET I got last year? Well, it's set on an automatic renewal, so I'm suddenly getting charged for the new season.

I call up DirecTV this morning.

"Yeah, I'd like to cancel my NFL SUNDAY TICKET."

"Okay, sir, would you mind telling us why you're not happy with the service?"

"I don't watch football."

"Okay, I understand. Well, before I cancel that service for you, I just want to let you know there are cheaper pricing plans for the service that might interest you..."

"I don't watch football."

"Let me just tell you about these plans..."

"Do any of these plans involve someone convincing me that I'd enjoy watching football?"

"No, sir, they're pricing plans..."

"Then I doubt I'm going to change my mind."

To be fair, she ran through her script as she's been instructed and then proceeded to cancel the service and credit me for the extra cost they already charged me this month.

Of course, because of carrier disputes, we currently don't have any Viacom channels like Comedy Central and MTV. Hopefully, that'll be sorted out soon. At least we're not on DISH or we'd be getting screwed out of AMC and the premiere of BREAKING BAD this Sunday...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home