Wednesday, April 04, 2012

It Didn't Have To Be This Way

The novelty of the regular day job died abruptly Tuesday morning when I was gifted with the additional task of answering phones. I don't mind mindless work. But I'd rather dig ditches than fucking answer phones. I don't even like answering my own phone.

You do whatever the hell you need to do when you need the money, though.

Took a career call at the day job Tuesday evening. Lasted maybe 20 minutes. Some notes on a draft I've been waiting on for a few weeks. The awkwardness of letting other people hear my business. Couldn't be helped. Nowhere to hide at a day job. One with really long hours, no less.

Dropped tax papers off at the accountant's office after work. It's in. Now we just forget about the whole year.

Left the phone charger at the office. Had to happen eventually. The Droid 2 has a pitiable battery life and it serves as my early morning alarm clock. So... no messing with the phone Tuesday night.

April 4th. My mother's birthday. Have to remember to... send her an email or something half-hearted like that.

2 Comments:

Anonymous fedup said...

IS THAT WHY YOU AREN'T DRAWING SOMETHING????

4/04/2012 08:45:00 AM  
Blogger M. Alice said...

Left my charger at work! Couldn't Draw last night and waste my battery!

4/04/2012 09:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home