Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Infinity Guitars, Go Head!

I hate magical thinking.

Praying is a form of magical thinking.

So is saying to yourself, "If the train arrives in the next 60 seconds, I'm going to get that promotion."

"The next song on my shuffled iPod will tell me what my immediate future holds."

"If I can blow out all these candles in one go, I get a free wish."

I hate magical thinking and I do it all the time, in a thousand little tossed-off moments. The comfort in it is the idea that you have some measure of control over things you have no control over. The idea that there is some order to the Universe.

Maybe there isn't any order to the Universe.

Maybe it's just a bunch of random fucking shit that happens.

Maybe it doesn't all naturally balance out over a long-enough stretch. Maybe karma is a fairy tale. Bad things happen to good people and good things happen to bad people.

Maybe it's justification for being a bad person...

5 SHUFFLED IPOD SONGS:
1. "What It's All About", GIRL TALK
2. "Won't Back Down", EMINEM
3. "Runaway", KANYE WEST
4. "Me, I'm Not", NINE INCH NAILS
5. "Dorian", FANG ISLAND

Good Luck Bonus Track
"Pilgrimage", NINE INCH NAILS

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicholas Gaffney said...

The Shuffle is Back!

4/03/2012 09:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home