Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Doing it for the money.

I don't get the people who choose professions or career paths in which they claim, "I'm not doing it for the money..."

Unless you're independently wealthy, I don't get how you can NOT ultimately be doing something for the money. Which is not to suggest that you should loathe what you do to pay the bills but time is precious and the fact remains: YOU NEED MONEY to survive in this world. On a basic level.

Ideally, you want to have a passion for what you're doing... but even if you're not getting paid for it in the short-term, the idea is that you're doing something that would support you further down the line. In some way or another.

Finished up my draft last night. Again. Went through the whole thing and made all the changes it needed. I felt so sure of it, I almost sent it out... but I resisted. I knew that I should sleep on it. Read through it again in the morning, make final adjustments before sending it to the producer. And as I was falling asleep, I thought of one scene that I had to make an adjustment to (because of another change I'd made earlier). This draft has to be tight.

Tonight's the night I send it out.

April 24, 2012.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home