Monday, April 23, 2012

This wasn't meant to last.

Had a dream I was in a plane that exploded. There was a bomb in the seat directly behind me. That wasn't the strange part. The strange part was that after it exploded, everyone on the plane was instantly transported to a parallel universe where the bomb didn't go off. Yet we kept our memory of it. So in this new universe, the plane hadn't exploded, there was no incident, everyone who wasn't on the plane thought it was a completely normal flight. But all of us on that flight knew that this wasn't the case. That there was another timeline where we were all dead in a spectacle of terrorism. We were all on borrowed-time for unknown reasons. And it was tearing us apart.

I don't love weekends like this past one. The ones where I lock myself up in my tomb, shut out the world and try to force myself to write. And still, the majority of my productivity arrived during the very last hours of the weekend.

I think I may have gotten it done, though. At least, the main thrust of it. What's mad is that there's really just these two main opening character scenes that have been the toughest to get right. After that, everything was relatively easy. And I'll still have to tinker with those two opening sequences a bit further, and go through the whole script and change something key in the last act... but it's pretty much done. I'll send it out this week. And enjoy the luxury of laughing it off for a spell.

Saturday morning, laundry. Somehow managed to get a haircut during the week so Saturday morning was left wide open for laundry.

Sunday morning, I took a stroll over to 10th Ave. I've lived in the area for over two years now and 10th Ave is an undiscovered country. So much quieter than the loud, crowded nastiness of 9th Ave. Between the Baryshnikov Arts Center and the Javits Center, near several luxury apartment complexes. It invites a different sort of traffic. It was my gray, drizzly Sunday morning escape before slouching back to my lot.

Monday. New work week. Last full week of April. 2012.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home