Monday, January 02, 2012

Withdrawal

1 2 1 2

After all these years, after all I've worked on trying to better myself, you would think I'd be stronger.

Lazy new year's day Sunday spent trying to distract myself with the Twilight Zone marathon. And finishing up the Angry Birds "Wreck the Halls" advent calendar game. Letting random things set me into jags of tears. Cold sweats. Shivers. Panic attacks. Breathing exercises. You'd think I was trying to kick heroin instead of the memory of a girl.

Mindless diversions can help distract from thoughts. Found this great website that features old electronic handheld games. Some I remember from childhood, some really obscure ones. All lovingly rendered and mind-numbing.

All I did on Sunday was sleep and dream about her, all day long.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry sweetie!
How long were U2 together?
Keep your chin up!

1/02/2012 09:13:00 AM  
Blogger M. Alice said...

About 5 minutes.

1/02/2012 10:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home