Thursday, September 22, 2011

Masked Malice

Hi there. Remember me? I used to blog here regularly. It's not an abandoned lot, it's just more sporadically kept. There are more pressing issues to worry over.

My hair's out of control. A clear indication that I'm suffering a lean financial period is that I tend to wait longer stretches before getting a haircut. I don't like the look or feel of the overgrown hair. More hair means more maintenance. I used to cut it myself with electric clippers, but I was younger then. Now I'm old and weary.

Used FreeCycle again on Wednesday night, to get rid of a redundant vacuum cleaner. It was an artifact from the old married life so it was somewhat cathartic to be rid of it. This one went to another cute black chick -- do they make up the majority of the FreeCycle users?

Should I be writing novels? I should definitely be writing more plays. Trying to think about the future and how much of a shame it would be to just leave behind a big pile of unproduced screenplays. An unproduced screenplay is the saddest written form: it doesn't exist on its own, there's very little chance it'll get produced posthumously. A book can live on. A play can live on. A screenplay, on its own, is just dead weight that sinks to the bottom of the ocean.

I want things to get better soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home