Friday, September 16, 2011

It's a world of hopes and a world of fears

Over the course of a day, the temperature dropped and we skipped a few pages to October. It's so strange how cold it got so suddenly. The different seasons bring on different memories. I've been through autumns where the whole world seemed brimming with promise. I've been through autumns where the world came apart at the seams.

What's it going to be this time?

My manager emailed me last night with some news that lifted my spirits. It's not even a guarantee of anything. It's still on me to make this happen. But I feel more optimistic. Don't want to jinx anything here. If I get this one gig or I don't, I'll feel better about the work I put into it.

Paid a bill this morning. I'm in the red but it's not nearly as bad as I'd feared. These are the real testing times. Weathering these difficult patches without losing your mind. I lost my mind a little this week but I'm getting it together.

I can do this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home