Saturday, November 13, 2010

You ain't a beauty but hey you're all right...


Well, I got this guitar and I learned how to make it talk...
And my car's out back if you're ready to take that long walk...
From your front porch to my front seat
The door's open but the ride it ain't free
And I know you're lonely for words that I ain't spoken
Tonight we'll be free, all the promises will be broken...

There were ghosts in the eyes of all the boys you sent away
They haunt this dusty beach road in the skeleton frames of burned-out Chevrolets
They scream your name at night in the street
Your graduation gown lies in rags at their feet
And in the lonely cool before dawn
You hear their engines roaring on
But when you get to the porch they're gone on the wind, so Mary climb in...

It's a town full of losers, I'm pulling out of here... to win...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home