Monday, October 25, 2010

Goodbye Kitty

I'd like to die suddenly.

Not a prolonged, debilitating sickness. Not slowly bleeding to death in some serial killer's backyard shed or drowning amidst wreckage in the open ocean. Something sudden enough that I don't have to suffer extravagantly, don't have to deal with hospitals or dwell on the morbid details of settling affairs.

Quick, painless. One flash and I'm gone. With the world left to quarrel over what's left behind. Scripts finished and un-. Mostly unfinished. A little sad that words are really all I've got to leave behind. And a nice tee-vee.

If I could know in advance, I could probably make the time more productive. If it were all gonna end six months from now, I could probably have some fun. If it were three months, I could have a whole lot of fun. If I only had a month left, watch out. And if I knew I was going to snuff out 7 days from now... you'd probably want to hold onto something because I would rip through this city like a hurricane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home