Saturday, September 04, 2010

West Coast Ink

I'll update this with some pics when I get back East.

For now, I just wanted to record the date for my latest tattoo.

September 4, 2010. I went to Purple Panther Tattoos on Sunset Blvd and got a tattoo I designed years ago.

It took 7 hours.

The first tattoo I've gotten on the West Coast.
The first tattoo I've gotten by a female tattoo artist.
And the longest marathon session of pain I've ever endured.
(Because of the size and detail of the design, the lovely Koko suggested we split it up into a few sessions but I explained that I was leaving L.A. in a few days and wanted to get it all done at once.)

I walked into the shop around 3pm. She took a bit over an hour to create an initial sketch. We had several breaks. It was done by 11:15pm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home