Friday, May 14, 2010

Nobody Knows It But Me


I don't know why this song got stuck in my head today, but it did.

Friday night, NYC. I was gonna go out and have a social adventure but I just feel like a nightmare right now. The mercurial weather finally took its toll, I guess.

From the moment I woke up this mourn, it was like a great weight was on my chest. I was gonna skip the gym but I'd skipped the Fridays of the previous two weeks due to scheduling issues and I wanted to clock a full 5 days this week... so I dragged my arse out and barely managed this:
So much effort placed in curbing my self-contempt...

The rest of the day spent polishing up another draft of something I won't talk about here yet.

Tried to figure out how I got sick. Wednesday night, I went to see that Banksy documentary, "Exit Through the Gift Shop", down at the Landmark Sunshine theater on Houston.

(Cool papier-mâché Falcor rocking the stairways at the theater, for some reason.)

The documentary was excellent but there was something odd about the theater. There were... flying insects... throughout the movie, I kept feeling the sensation of things landing on me, which I've NEVER experienced in a movie theater. (And I've been to some horrifying "movie theaters".) Could I have gotten sick in the wilds of that theater?

Friday afternoon, I ordered some Chinese food and got a fortune cookie WITH NO FORTUNE INSIDE. Truly awful faux omens. ("Faux'mens")

Of course, it could just be the toll of the retarded weather of the past few weeks. Little consolation when you feel like hell. And nobody knows it but me... and you, dear reader.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home