Friday, April 02, 2010

Walter Bishop as Doctor Who

How about the special effects in that last episode of FRINGE, eh?

John Noble ("Walter Bishop") gives a little background in this interview:
"Physically, of course, what I had to do was capture the energy, to capture the physicality of the man, the vocal physicality of the man, this was my task. I was aided enormously by my hair and makeup and special effects people here in terms of getting the overall, and indeed wardrobe helped a lot as well. And then we shot through these beautiful lenses that we got a different feel to the episode than we would now. All of those elements work together to create this version that you see in the episode."
Methinks the 1985-model Walter was also a nod to the 1960's Doctor Who (played by Tom Baker), another space/time jumper.

And what about that killer retro opening sequence???



So glad I've invested in you, FRINGE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home