Sunday, March 07, 2010

Only a Dream Away

Two of my favourite George Harrison songs come from the movies...

There is "Cheer Down" from Lethal Weapon 2...


Much as I like Lethal Weapon 2, this is a far lovelier song than it probably deserved. And in its own way, it elevates the movie. Much as great songs will do.

Then there is this sweet curiosity which plays over the Time Bandits closing credits, "Dream Away"...



CHORUS
Oh ry in eye ay, oh ry in eye ay
Oh ry in eye key ooh lay
Ka lay ooh lau ee, oh ry in eye
Salu tay lee ay vee show

I have no bleeding idea what the chorus means. You would think the internet would have a reasonable answer, but no. Nary.

Somebody here has offered...

Aren't I Lucky
Aren't I Lucky
Lucky I Am Hurray Oh
See me on the TV Show


... though I cannot figure out how this was translated. Let me know if you can crack the code.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home