Friday, March 05, 2010

Aborted Designs

This image was originally designed for the video game FALLOUT 2.

It represents a "perk illustration" for the "child killer" status.

I've played through FALLOUT 3 but it's been a while and I can't precisely recall what's meant by "perk illustration"... nor can I explain it to any non-gamers reading this. But I think you have to do some bad stuff to earn this "perk". (Like kill some kids...?)

Suffice it to say, the Child Killer image was rejected for use in the finished game (I wonder why...), no doubt replaced with something less incendiary. And yet, the original design slipped onto the internet and I read about it all HERE. Then I made this animated gif of the offending art because that's how I roll. {shrug}

Who says video games can't be high art...?

In other news, in case you missed it, The Daily Show did a hilarious bit on the "Chat Roulette" phenomenon: ch-ch-ch-check it out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home