Friday, March 05, 2010

Idolatry


In the last episode of... SURVIVOR... Boston Rob compared Russell Hantz to Gollum in his vainglorious quest for the hidden immunity idol.

I don't get why Russell didn't start searching for that idol as soon as he hit the beach. Was it that he was still stunned from his Survivor: Samoa run, a mere 10 days previous?

I want Russell to win. Or at least get very far and prove his mettle amidst All-Stars, instead of the hoople-heads he was playing against in Samoa. But I fear he's put too big of a target on his back by so brazenly going after the hidden immunity idol while all the other people on the Villains tribe agreed to avoid the temptation.

I hope if/when he finds that idol, he's got a sound strategy for how to best exploit it. I hope people are underestimating him. I hope that *I'm* underestimating him... because the season's going to be much more interesting as long as he remains in play.

MEANWHILE...

While Jeff Probst is keeping up his weekly post-show blog entries on EW's PopWatch site, Survivor: Tocantins-contestant Stephen Fishbach has been keeping a blog on People's site... where he revealed that he's dating Heroes V. Villains contestant Courtney Yates...!
"... I should make my biases clear. I’m dating villainess Courtney Yates. JT is my best friend. And I have a strategy crush on Russell."
Further evidence can be found in this sweet interview with Russell Hantz @ the Survivor 10 Year Anniversary Party...

You need to keep your eye on the background:

I'm going to die alone, aren't I...?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home