Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Last Rites

A month. A few hairs over four weeks. And the Fortress of Solitude 2.0 must be vacated.

Notice given. Final month's rent and letter of lease non-renewal stamped and set to be mailed.

Mover's estimate received.

I've got way more boxes than I need and I'm still in the process of debating what to get rid of. It's hard when your life is a series of peaks and valleys instead of a steady incline. There are things you end up hanging onto that are relics of a time with more space and prosperity. I wish I could toss everything into a hobo-sack and not worry about all the bollocks.

I don't know what to expect with this move. It's hard to anticipate what the new scenario is going to be like. There's too much transition happening. Tuesday I've got a conference call where I've got to pitch a book adaptation. Wednesday I'm taking skills assessments at a new temp agency.

Moving is always messy but it'll be a comfort when it's done. I will make the very best of things because that's how I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home