Friday, April 17, 2009

10:35 on a Lonely Friday Night

It was only last June when her old man ran away...
She couldn't stop crying 'cause she knew he was gone 2 stay...
It was 10:35 on a lonely friday night...
She was standin' by the bar --
Mmm, she was lookin' all right... yeah...

I asked her if she wanted 2 dance
And she said that all she wanted was a good man
And wanted 2 know
if I thought I was qualified, yeah...

And I said, "Baby don't waste your time...!
I know what's on your mind...!
I may be qualified
4 a one night stand...

But I could never take the place... of your man!"

It hurt me so bad when she told me
with tears in her eyes--
He was all she ever had and now she wanted 2 die...
He left her with a baby and another one on the way...
She couldn't stop cryin' cause she knew he was gone 2 stay...

She asked me if we could be friends
And I said, "Oh, honey baby, that's a dead end!
U know and I know... that we wouldn't be satisfied!"

And I said, "Baby! Don't waste your time!
I know what's on your mind!
U wouldn't be satisfied
with a one night stand...
... and I could never take the place... of your man!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home