Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Gay Panda

I attended a special "sneaked-into" screening of the family blockbuster hit KUNG FU PANDA the other week. Mainly because I'm compelled to watch all of David Cross's children films. Altogether, a much better movie than I expected, but that's neither here nor there...

A few urban youths sneaked into the same show and sat in the same row as us. (I tend to attract trouble.)

A young man who seemed really full of himself, and two female companions. Throughout the movie, the guy was messing around with his phone or some electronic device with a bright screen.

Annoying enough for most. But on top of that, after every major action sequence, the boy felt compelled to offer his commentary:

"That was gay."

And his female companions would titter at his inappropriateness. Every fucking time.

I guess this little douchebag felt he needed to establish that he was too mature to enjoy a gay kids movie. But beyond that, this fuckwit represents a larger cancer. People have got some poor fucking theater-going etiquette. People need to get SCHOOLED.

I know, it depends on what theater you're going to. And then there's the whole race thing, which I won't get into...

(But you know what I'm talking about... come on now... don't make me say it.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home