Sunday, June 25, 2006

Chinadoll Overdrive: Draft Complete


Another one down. I know I'm slow. I know I've been known to procrastinate. But the point is that things get finished eventually, right?

I finished writing the first draft of "CHINADOLL OVERDRIVE" tonight. The curious follow-up to "THE BUTCHERHOUSE CHRONICLES".

I started writing CHINADOLL OVERDRIVE years ago. If you want to count the shorter, preliminary versions of the piece ("Guys & Dolls" and "CD2K"), I started writing it 6 years ago. For most of that time, it's been wallowing in the mud of my procrastination.

I'm certain it's in no shape that I'd show to anyone yet. It's hot out of my printer and sitting on my mattress right now. I just hope it's not so bad that it'll make me want to completely gut it. I can't believe how much I wrote this weekend.

It's been a good year for getting writing done. Two TV pilots and now this play. I've just got to keep the pace going. Keep focused. I was afraid I wasn't going to get this done before SPF hit and I was already revising my time estimates... but the first draft's done and tomorrow's the first day of my SPF BUTCHERHOUSE rehearsals.

Maybe I'll treat myself to tonight's "DEADWOOD"...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home