Sunday, February 05, 2006

CACA-BOODY!!!


okay... here's my long shot...

my discovery of Mr. Sycamore provoked Son of the Mourning to ask me to find out about a movie he remembered watching as a kid, about a family of some sort who suffers a plane crash and turns their plane into a boat. i vaguely remembered this movie too, and some very clever searching led me to The Last Flight of Noah's Ark.

now, the thing that i remember seeing as a kid that i've never been able to find is an animated short (or series of shorts?) that aired on HBO. my sis and i saw it a million times. not sure what it was called, but it featured two little sisters (?) and the dialogue seemed kind of improvised. the older sister would be trying to tell a story and the younger sister would just be all over the place. there was a toilet involved at some point and the younger sister liked to yell out, "IT'S A CACABOODY!"

hand-drawn animation, a purple tint, the above image is a crude representation of what i remember one of the girls looking like.

this is really obscure. what i've found is that in 1983, HBO showed short films between movies (i'm assuming they came from film schools) in a feature called HBO Short Take.

find this for me. i want it.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just talking about this short tonight over dinner. As I explained it, everyone looked at me like I was crazy. I know it was real audio that a woman taped of her kids while they were playing with socks in the toilet. I am also looking for this video to show everyone.

12/15/2010 08:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i remember this as well, and can't find it anywhere.

6/30/2011 05:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

finally found it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSFKjfQolgY

6/30/2011 05:27:00 PM  
Blogger M. Alice said...

Yes, I should've updated this entry a few years ago:

http://crypt-orchid.blogspot.com/2008/05/cockaboody.html

7/27/2011 09:43:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Part of a Sesame Street video with kids looking into or playing around the toilet and giggling . Cockaboody was a duck in the toilet.

6/13/2021 11:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home