Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Year's Eve Recluse


New Year's Eve, an hour to burn on 2005, and I have failed. This is the first year I've been absolutely alone on new year's eve since sometime in the 90's. No party. No friends. No "other". Just me, the Sin City Deluxe DVD, smokes and some beer.

The floor of the Fortress of Solitude 2.0 is covered in glue. I'm building a small side-table out of old videotapes, glue and paper. I'm making a fucking mess and it sounds totally weird but it'll look cool when it's done, and it'll fit in with the whole papier-mâché motif I've got going in the new joint. The loneliest spot on earth.

This week off, I've fallen behind. I wanted to finish setting up the place, the place is still a mess. I outlined a new play I thought I could finish writing in a week, I'm still on scene 1. I've gotten drunk at the same bar one time too many. I've played a lot of videogames. And at the end of the week, at the end of the year, I am alone. Updating this stupid fucking blog. Ha ha. I look stupid.

I've got two more days before I'm back at work. Wonder if anything's going to be open tomorrow. I've got two days to turn things around. Don't count me out just yet. I'm always the dark horse.

Happy new year. Happy new year, motherfuckers. Get ready for a change.

1 Comments:

Blogger Raed Moustafa said...

Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (A.D.H.D. (Treatment: (dextro)(meth(yl(ated)))amphetamine(s)) & (and) "Wonder if anything's going to be open tomorrow" were (are) (")your(") solution(s) and (source(s) of) problem(s) (government(s)), respectively.

10/08/2023 01:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home